|My Christmas flag|
I mention in my profile that some of the art and craft projects that I do with my eldest daughter don't go well and this is one of those. It bombed big time!!
Cakey and I had a wonderful time making pretty pink market stall flags a little while ago so I thought she would enjoy making some Christmas flag decorations... I was completely wrong. I spent a fair bit of money buying Christmas fabric, ribbon, gold braid and jingle bells. I then spent a couple of evenings cutting up the fabric and tying the jingle bells onto gold string. Cakey spent a total of 5 minutes making one Christmas flag. Arghhhhh
|Cakey's Christmas flag|
With a little hindsight I think this is what went wrong...
- Much to my distress I think the biggest problem was that there was no pink and purple involved. Cakey is really rebelling against the traditional Christmas colours - she refuses to accept that Christmas colours are mainly red and green and tells me repeatedly that HER Christmas colours are pink and purple. This is annoying and I hope the pink and purple phase (at the exclusion of all other colours) ends soon.
- I interrupted an episode of Diego to do this activity. What was I thinking?
- When she was in the mood to do this activity I wasn't ready and when I was ready she wasn't in the mood.
- I really wanted this activity to go well as I had spent time and money. I don't know why but these highly planned and prepared activities are often failures.
- When she showed little interest in making the flags I pushed rather than just packing it away and trying again another day.
For more Christmas craft ideas check out my Christmas Pinterest Board.
If this is your first visit to At home with Ali – welcome. If you like it, you can follow along via email, RSS or facebook. You can also find me on Pinterest and Instagram. Cheers Ali