More than one person has told me that I make them feel guilty with all the art and craft I do with Cakey and Boo... sorry, I really didn't mean to.
The mummy guilt bug gets me too: I often think we do art and craft at the detriment of other activities. Cakey shows little interest in kicking or throwing a ball around the backyard; and don't even get me started on swimming! We do a lot of craft because that is what Cakey and Boo like. I find life much more pleasant when we are doing something the kids enjoy. Having said that, there are also many days that craft is just too hard or too messy or there is simply not enough time between all the other things that need doing.
I was spurred on to write this post after I read this article from Creature Comforts. So here goes with 10 things I'm afraid to tell you:
- I give my children lollies with terrible food colouring in them.
- I still breastfeed my 21 month old to sleep (and I'm not stopping until it stops working).
- I let my kids watch TV while eating breakfast and sometimes lunch too.
- I am AWFUL at imaginary play.
- I yell.
- I rarely get the breakfast dishes in the dishwasher before 6.30pm.
- I detest putting clothes away, hence my house will never grace the covers of any magazine...unless that magazine is titled 'Hoarders'.
- Both my children have a good knowledge of junk food.
- I complain and whine a lot when I really have no reason.
- If we are not going out for the day pajamas can be day wear, Cakey is often in her pjs in many of my posts.
So if I have made you feel guilty then I am sorry. I will keep up this blog because it is fun and it motivates me to keep thinking up craft projects for Cakey and Boo. And now, I will go and have a look at some other blogs, crafty and otherwise, which will no doubt make me feel guilty!
If this is your first visit to at home with Ali – welcome. If you like it, you can follow along through our facebook page or subscribe via email or RSS. Cheers Ali